The Hettich Group is also affected by the global corona pandemic. We are aware of our great responsibility in this situation and that is why we have immediately taken the necessary measures at all of our worldwide Hettich sites to effectively protect the health of all our employees on the one hand, but also to keep our processes going.
As developments keep coming quick and fast, we are now reassessing the situation not only day by day, but by the hour. We will of course always keep you posted on the latest developments should any of our operations change during these uncertain and unprecedented times.
We are confident that we will all overcome this crisis together with the necessary prudence and solidarity. Above all, it is our heartfelt wish that you, your families, friends and all your employees will live through this challenge in good health and as unscathed as possible.
Update - 24/03/2020
Further to our communication on 16 March 2020, Hettich Australia would like to update you on COVID-19 management and safety planning. Our objective remains the minimisation of adverse impacts and to ensure the well-being of staff, customers and the community.
In response to latest developments with the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking the following additional steps:
- Moving to work from home arrangements for all office based staff and now all sales staff till further notice.
- Requiring employees who have returned from overseas or who have had exposure to a person affected by the virus to enter self-isolation at home for 14 days and to seek medical attention.
- Suspending immediately all international and domestic business air travel until further notice.
- Suspending all customer visits and moving all customer interaction to telephone, email or digital conferencing – our sales staff have been asked to remain at home effective Monday 23 March 2020 until further notice. This supports our customers overwhelming response to cancel face to face meetings.
- Suspending pick-ups of stock from our warehouses and 3PL’s until further notice / industry events / Hettich site visits
- Increasing appropriate hygiene measures applying to all Hettich staff & sites
Transport companies are not affected by State boarder closures at this stage. Please feel free to visit our Hettich Shop https://shop.hettich.com/au_EN/ for online ordering or contact our Customer Service Team on 1800 687 789 for further assistance.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will keep you notified of any significant changes.
Update - 16/03/2020
Hettich Australia has been closely monitoring COVID-19 and is taking steps to minimise adverse impacts on our staff and customers.
In response to COVID-19, we have introduced safeguards to reduce the risk of disruption to the services we provide.
To date these include:
- Moving to work from home arrangements for all office based staff
- Requiring employees who have returned from overseas to enter self-isolation at home for 14 days
- Suspending immediately all international and domestic business air travel until further notice
- Suspending industry events / Hettich site visits until further notice
- Working with customers on their own site safeguarding & minimising face to face interactions where appropriate
- Appropriate hygiene measures applying to all Hettich staff
Many companies are seeing a global impact to supply chains as a result of COVID-19 - at this stage there are no stock impacts for Hettich Australia. We are working closely with the Hettich worldwide supply service centre to ensure business continuity.
We understand that many of our customers are reviewing and implementing their own business continuity plans. Please share these plans with your Hettich contacts or directly to me so we can ensure we meet your business needs. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will keep you notified of any significant changes.